Published on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
Carnival WiFi Plans
Carnival has come up with multiple ways for you to stay connected as sea based on your Internet access wants and needs. WiFi packages are available for use on your mobile devices, tablets, laptops, or onboard the Internet café. Keep in mind that the Internet access is through satellite communications, and access could be unreliable due to the technology and distance the traffic must travel.
Carnival WiFi Plans
The Carnival Legend has some Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades like RedFrog Pub, Bonsai Sushi, Cherry On Top, Hasbro – The Game Show, and Playlist Productions. The ship went through the last refurbishment in 2014. During this 14-day drydock, the ship will be upgraded with the Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy’s Burger Joint.
In addition, the ship will receive new or upgrades spaces, paint, technical upgrades, and decorations. The two week drydock time allows the cruise line to spruce up the ship that cannot perform on a normal voyage. Carnival will release additional drydock details and plans in the next couple of weeks.
Social WiFi Plan
Allows access to the most popular social websites and applications like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and most popular airline websites only. The plan will not allow video and music streaming, iMessage, Skype, Wi-Fi calling, or FaceTime.
Pre-Cruise Price: $4.00 per day
Onboard Price: $5.00 per day
Value WiFi Plan
This plan allow access to most websites and faster access to social websites than the Social Wi-Fi Plan. The plan will not support video and music streaming, iMessage, Skype, Wi-Fi calling, or FaceTime.
Pre-Cruise Price: $10.25 per day
Onboard Price: $12.00 per day
Onboard 24-Hour Pricing: $16.00
Premium WiFi Plan
This plan allows for the fastest connection possible, up to 3 times faster the Value Wi-Fi Plan. If you need to get work done or have a deadline to meet, this is the plan for you. The plan supports Skype calling where allowed. The plan will not support video and music streaming, iMessage, Wi-Fi calling, or FaceTime.
Pre-Cruise Price: $14.88 per day
Onboard Price: $17.70 per day
Onboard 24-Hour Pricing: $25.00
Multiple devices can use this plan, but it is limited to one device at a time with this plan.
Tips and Tricks
- No refund will be issued after a plan has been activated. You can move your plan up to the next tier, Social to Premium.
- VPN connections are not supported. This might impact your ability to connect to your company’s network at sea. Although not supported, there are rumors you can use SSL VPN if your company support the technology. This has not been tested, so beware you might not connect to your companies private network.
- If at all else failed, be prepared to take your laptop into port. Many ports have Internet Cafes and some businesses will allow wireless connectivity if you’re a paying customer.
- There is content blocking enabled, which will prevent you going to certain websites based on how they have been classified by their software (e.g., mature or violent).
- To save money, make sure you book during your online registration on carnival.com
The information in the article is accurate at the time of publication or updated. Please advise the cruise line may change the cost, services, other aspects without notice. Please verify the costs and services before booking your cruise.